-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of tek1
Sent: Saturday, 10 November 2001 2:00 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [newbie] mandrake/linux and upgrading cpu+motherboard

i currently have mandrake8.1 running on a very old system (emachines cyrix
mII 366 processor) and was wondering if my existing mandrake installation
will work as is if i upgrade the cpu to say a athlon1600+ (and appropriate
motherboard)?  my windows system (sorry) didn't work when i tried this
before b/c the existing windows installation seemed to have been bound to
the specific cpu/motherboard.  just wondering if this is also the case with
mandrake8.1/linux systems?

thanks.  :)