On Tuesday 13 November 2001 11:51, you wrote:
> the next place to look i would bet is dns, do you have it configured?  can
> you ping a site by ip but not name?  can you for example go to
> 207.200.81.139 but not dmoz.org?  if so the trouble is likely dns
>
> On Tuesday 13 November 2001 07:35, you spoke unto me thusly:
> > When I run Kppp, the daemon starts and I am connected... but when I open
> > any browser, I cannot surf on any site... I open LICQ and it doesnt
> > connect
Shane, another thing to try, with Earthlink/Mindspring they use contracted
services and I notice my ISP connection changes almost everytime I dial in,
so you might go to the Kpanel>configuration>networking>ppp,ipx whatever and
enter your IP addresses and password and etc here and then try logging on
again, This may not hold but after you have logged the first time it will or
should continue to work. The Mindspring/Earthlink DNS servers seem to be some
kind of proxy set up or something cause if you look at the logs to see where
you logged in the xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx addresses change regularly.  HTH
Dennis M.