It turns out that the Eudora mail files are "almost mbx."  There are
actually two files for each mailbox.  One is mailbox_name.mbx and
there's Mailbox_name.toc.

Why this is done, I'm not entirely sure.  I think it keeps the info for
attachments and the like.

The problem is, even plain text emails, are then translated into HTML
in Eudora.  So no matter how you download it, it turns it into HTML.

So when I tried to add some of my old backed up Eudora Pro mail
folders to my current mail folders, they're all in HTML.

Now I have mutt set up to use a text browser to show stuff like this,
but I have to initiate it via a few key strokes, and it just gets
annoying.

I guess if I didn't hate KMail so much, and used that, I wouldn't have
this grip.  But I can't stand it, and mutt is more functional, and
better suited for me.

The same sort of issue may be the case with "Look out" Express mail
folders, but think goodness I haven't had to use that since October of
'98!
tdh

  T. Holmes  |  UNIXTECHS.org  |  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  |  UIN:  17021091
 | On Wednesday 14 November 2001 02:07, Tim Holmes wrote:
 | > From what I've read, and what I've played with, you don't need to make
 | > the Outlook Express mail file anything.  You should be able to use it
 | > as is, and then port it to something you can use in *nix.
 | >
 | > http://freshmeat.net/projects/mbx2mbox/
 | >
 | > I was looking for something to port Eudora Pro mail files to Linux, and
 | > had a bit of frustration and problems and then it didn't really do that
 | > well of a job.  But check out that app above.  Maybe it will work.
 | > tdh
 |

 | According to chapter 7 of the Kmail manual Euroda Pro files are already in
 | the same format as Kmail. All you have to do is copy them over in the right
 | place.
 |
 | Want to buy your Pack or Services from MandrakeSoft?
 | Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

  1:01AM  up 22 days, 13:41, 2 users, load averages: 0.21, 0.09, 0.03