At 10:56 AM 11/17/01 -0500, Lee Martin wrote:

>I'm trying to get gnome ppp to work on my box here. It'll start the
>connection,but the daemon dies "unexpectedly" just after logging on to my
>isp. Has anyone had any luck using this method for connecting? the internet
>dialer seems to work ok(on another box),but as the link to this isn't
>appearing anywhere(and gnome ppp is)..I'd like to try and get this happening.

Well, there are a number of other daemons which can interfere with the
proper working of ppp daemons. One of them, oddly enough, is xscreensaver.

Do you have xscreensaver running, by any chance? Or, for that matter,
Apache, or MySQL? I've known all of them to seem to interfere with
getting online.

Robin M. Weare

"Eat white-hot Bon Jovi Album, Evil Lawyer Scum!"