On Tue, 20 Nov 2001, Mitchell, Edmund wrote:

> Hello all
>
> So I thought I'd be all Tom Brinkman-like, and get the latest kernel. :)
> Did an rpm -Uvh --test, and it says iptables <= 1.2.4-1 conflicts with
> the 2.4.13 kernel.
> So I got the latest iptables rpm, and --test 'ed it, too, and it says
> it needs the 2.4.13 kernel.
>
> So I'm stuck in a catch-22, and I'm wondering what's the
> proper voodoo to make everyone go home happy.
>
> All this is happening on a (more or less) stock LM 8.1.
>
> Thanks for any help
>
> Edmund

I had that also and I was able to uninstall the iptables, install the
kernel with rpm -ivh and then install iptables again. Although I gave up
on this kernel rpm stuff because I wanted the source and I got the source
rpm and I did rpm --rebuild and it spent hours building smp and enterprise
kernels and the like. I just killed it and went and got the kernel source
from kernel.org and built my own. No more kernel rpms for me.
 --
Linux User #195191