> http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/
>
>   I remember I had used it with windows a while back and with it I could
> modify read only pdf files
>
> On November 20, 2001 04:31 pm, you wrote:
> > I have two questions regarding an existing ps and pdf file:
> >
> > 1. Are there any programs that would allow me to modify an existing ps
> > file, in particular, a file that includes a graphic in tiff format?
> >
> > 2. Since I've already converted a copy of this ps file to pdf, is there
> > any possibility I could modify it instead? If so, what program would be
> > best to use?
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated,
> > Tia,
> > Andre

Thanks Grant,

I'm having a dog of problem with my old ps files (made in Ventura 4.11).
Fortunately, I was able to return to W98 and redo the files in question and
save it in ps.

Now the bad news:

1. Ghostscript likes the ps file, but won't print it in color (which was the
whole point of the modifcation). I've tried all combos for my printer command
(replacing the "lpr" command with "/dev/usb/lp0", "tp0", "lp0" . . .  and
other combos! Nothing works!

2. Now, to add insult to injury, Ghostview doesn't "like" the ps file.
However, it is willing print a color ps (at least I'm able to configure my
Canon printer to do it in GS), but won't display it -- if you can figure that
one out. (And I thought GV was just an interface to GS??)

3. To make things even more interesting, GS likes Turboprint (the driver that
prints such wonderful and immaculate colors!). Unfortunately, Turboprint jams
the test print with an overlay of the CUPS test print -- what a mess!

Seems like I'm back in my Windoze days -- you know, to print a file you need
program-abc, that needs a convertor-bcd, which in turn needs program-ace, but
won't run with either b or d. Sorry for the rambling, but I'm just so
frustrated . . .

Thanks again. I think I'll call it quits and grab some zzz.

Regards,
Andre
--
Please pray the Holy Rosary to end the holocaust of abortion and terrorism.
For a free Cenacle Scriptural Rosary Booklet -- http://www.webhart.net/csrb/