i would consider all your macines to be at risk without a firewall on the
'ics' box, i would recommend what i use in a similar setup which is mandrake
single network firewall (snf) but i admit i'm used to cable modems which are
simple ethernet setups, i don't know about dsl modems so i can't say for sure
that it is easy to setup, there are limitations to snf, netmeeting on windows
for onething has problems since it uses dynamically assigned ports, there are
other firewalls like 'smoothwall', and of course there must be windows
products, there is no point relying on zonealarm on individual boxes when you
have a local gateway that could do the job better, plus you could then set up
sharing between boxes on the lan without exposing yourself to the net, right
now if you allowed windows sharing between boxes you expose yourself beyond
your network

this is of course, just mho

bascule