On Friday 23 November 2001 15:19, you wrote:
> Gidday folks  (sorry coundn't find the original posters name)
> I can't help wondering if the fault lies with the floppy drive being used
> rather than the system formatting incorrectly
> rgrds
> max

I thought the same at first. So I kicked ol' M$windblows into life which was
still residing in a corner of the first harddisk. You'd be amazed how stable
this OS is, if you don't use it except through wine :)

Anyway... the floppy drive worked flawlessly :(

BTW I have to withdraw my remark that win4Lin formats fine on the same
machine. It formats sure enough... but the result is a floppy full of funny
non-readable directories.

regards,

Harm Bathoorn