That email will probably get flamed by the puritans among us,, which is sad,
because
I completely agree..

Since things like finance and stuff don't really benefit from compiling
anyway, its almost
pointless to do so if a binary is available.... and being able to install by
running one file
that does everything, would be great.. not just for newbies, for people
wanting to be efficient
that is to do as much as possible in as little time as possible.. the side
effect is that newbies
would understand it much easier..

Since all of us here have used windows at some stage, and I'd say the
majority of us started using
windows first, its not really fair to say "why do we want windows users"
because thats how we started
Think of a parent child relationship, you don't want those coming after you
to have the same difficulties
that we faced when we started (I started with slackware and it was a steap
curve for me) mandrake by comparison is
mostly a breeze.

rgds

Frank