I have a fairly stock LM8.1 w/all of the software from the CD's (albeit
one or two RPM's) installed in a brute force manner... I also performed
all of the upgrades via the software manager...

I downloaded all of the Textstar RPM's.

I then ran the tests as indicated. The "rpm -Fvh --test *.rpm" passed
BUT when I went to install it complained of problems with Xanim w/o a
version number. Strange...

So I tried a --force since it did not complain about other files...

This resulted an a lot of weird circular dependancies. It was
complaining about needed versions which were being installed at the same
time, again strange as this should not have occurred. I guess the
Textstar RPM's are mismarked...

Ok so I --nodeps --force 'd it.

It died after a couple of RPM's again complaining of strange deps.

I did it again "rpm --nodeps --force *.rpm".

This time it picked up the rest.

Everything came up just fine. So far no problems or troubles...

-JMS