civileme wrote:

>Do NOT use autofs.  Make yourself some regular desktop icons for CD and
>floppy and click to mount, right-click to unmount or eject.  We shipped with
>supermount disabled by default for a reason.  Despite our rewrite, the thing
>doesn't wprk as it should with kernel 2.4 versions.  This is a continuation
>of problems encountered in 8.0 only more severe.

Personally I wouldn't mind doing this - I remember the days before
automounting anyway.  However, this box is used by Windows users, and I
don't want to have to go running every time they say "Hey, there's
something wrong with my floppy disk!"  Guess I'll have to cross my
fingers and go for supermount.

Robin