On Sunday 25 November 2001 07:39 pm, tek1 wrote:
> civileme, what version of the kernel are you using?  i'm using 2.4.8 (which
> was on mandrake8.1)...
>
> thx....
>
> >Interesting, I have a K7s5A and the SiS900 set up out of the box.
> >
> >OK do this
> >
> >open a terminal
> >
> >$ su
> >password:(give your root password)
> ># linuxconf
> >
> >(Use alt-click to move the screen til you can click 'OK')
> >
> >Select networking
> >Select adapters
> >put in the parameters for the network card--the module name is
> >
> >'sis900'
> >
> >without the quotes.
> >
> >tick the 'enable' button
> >
> >Quit, quit, quit, doit
> >
> ># exit
> >
> >Close the terminal
> >
> >You should now have a network card.

2.4.8-24mdk
2.4.8-31mdk

Both worked

Set PnP aware OS to "Yes"
Set PCI/Video IRQ reserved to "No"
Disable Modem
Disable sound (won't work anyway)

The BIOS gives you very very little control over IRQs and the board tends to
stack them all together, including Video, Sound, USB, Modem, and LAN _ALL_ on
IRQ10.  It is a great board with the worst BIOS I have ever seen.

Civileme