On Tuesday 27 November 2001 03:03, you wrote:

> 1.0 was released only recently. It requires Mozilla 0.9.6.

I finally got that one working after I figured out what gnome-vfs was
doing wrong. Just in case anyone else is struggling with recent versions
of galeon, here's something I sent to the galeon dev team leader.

----------------
Hi marco

First of all, thanks to you and the team for writing Galeon. It has fast
become my browser of choice. Also, congratulations on the release of V1.

I have had problems ever since version 0.12.1. I had the right Mozilla
version, and gnome-vfs was installed. But any attempt to run a higher
version gave repeated errors like this:

GnomeVFS-WARNING **: Cannot load module `/usr/lib/vfs/modules/http'
(/usr/lib/vfs/modules/http: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory

GnomeVFS-WARNING **: Cannot load module `/usr/lib/vfs/modules/file'
(/usr/lib/vfs/modules/file: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory

I let it slide until V1, then I had a look at /usr/lib/vfs/modules and saw
that there were no files in there called "file" or "http" but that there
were files called libhttp.so and libfile.so. I made symlinks in the same
directory to those files and Galeon started up immediately.

Just thought I'd mention it in case it comes up elsewhere. More a
workaround than a fix, I know ...

Now all I have to figure out is why Galeon v1 squashes some sites lik e
Linuxtoday into one side of the window ... a font rendering problem, I
think.

--
Michel Clasquin, D Litt et Phil (Unisa)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]/unisa.ac.za   http://www.geocities.com/clasqm

f u cn rd ths, u cn gt a gd jb n nx dmnstrtn