Hi all

I have proftpd setup at home and here at work i'd like to access it.  At
home I tried it out and it works fine over the home network... using
cuteftp here at work produces the following log... basically it hangs a
while on "Connecting data socket..." and then says "Failed to establish
data socket". What is causing this?

I've changed the actual IPs concerned to "IP addresses here"... just in
case - am paranoid! :)

Thanks for any help

Neil

PS I also use apache to serve pages and that's working np.

<><><><><><><><>

STATUS:>        Connect: Monday 14:07:46 12-03-2001
STATUS:>        Connecting to "IP addresses here"
STATUS:>        Connecting to "IP addresses here" (ip = "IP addresses
here")
STATUS:>        Socket connected. Waiting for welcome message...
        220 ProFTPD 1.2.2 Server (ProFTPD Default Installation)
[nrpmedia]
STATUS:>        Connected. Authenticating...
COMMAND:>       USER neil
        331 Password required for neil.
COMMAND:>       PASS ********
        230 User neil logged in.
STATUS:>        Login successful
COMMAND:>       TYPE I
        200 Type set to I.
COMMAND:>       REST 100
        350 Restarting at 100. Send STORE or RETRIEVE to initiate
transfer.
STATUS:>        This site can resume broken downloads
COMMAND:>       REST 0
        350 Restarting at 0. Send STORE or RETRIEVE to initiate
transfer.
COMMAND:>       pwd
        257 "/home/neil" is current directory.
COMMAND:>       TYPE A
        200 Type set to A.
STATUS:>        Retrieving directory listing...
COMMAND:>       PASV
        227 Entering Passive Mode ("IP addresses here").
COMMAND:>       LIST
STATUS:>        Connecting data socket...
ERROR:> Failed to establish data socket

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]