I admit to seeing this thread in the middle, not from the beginning, and
REALLY admit to being a newbie but have you checked out
www.linuxprinting.org yet? Specifically:
http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=62112

http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_driver.cgi?driver=stp

At 02:27 AM 12/5/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Thank you for your help. At least it is good to hear that someone did get an
>Epson to print eventually in 8.1. I have been thinking of going back to 8,
>but I think 8.1 is better for some other things. I even thought of doing a
>dual boot with Windows 95 , for a last resort way to get a working printer
>again. I just got rid of all of my cups and tried lpd but that is not
working
>either. I am sure this will get resolved eventually. Thanks for your input.
>It may help me find an answer.
>
>Sincerely,
>
>Marcia

>> > I have been reading everything and doing everything I can think of to get
>> > my Epson Stylus Color to work with LM 8.1.
>>
>> I know this isn't going to help much, because I wiped 8.1 and put 8.0 on
>> (with 8.1 "upgrades" like the newest version of Abiword, Mozilla, etc).  I
>> did have printing issues with 8.1 -- Epson Stylus Color 740 --, but I
>> uninstalled because of other problems.  If it is any consolation, I did get
>> my Epson to work.  The bad news is, I can't remember how I did it, but I
>> believe that it was through Kups, and it was after the printer failed to
>> work correctly during the original install.  My printer is through smb and
>> is connected to a windows machine, and I used the printer command from my
>> smb.conf file:
>>
>> lpr-cups -P %p %s
>>
>> Sorry that I can't remember where I plugged that in, though.  I do remember
>> that I typed it into a "box" somewhere in the printer configuration gui.
>>
>> e.

>Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

                o o o o o o o o > > > > > [EMAIL PROTECTED]