On Wednesday 05 December 2001 09:28 am, you wrote:
> I have just installed mandrake
>
> something that is annoying me with KDE is that the default view within the
> file manager is with icons.
>
> Is is possible to have the tree or detailed view as the default.
>
> I briefly looked at the prefences and could find it anywhere
>
> Thanks

  You're gonna have to work just a little harder next time. This one will
almost slap ya upside the head. Click on 'view', hover over 'view mode' in
the menu, the click the choice you want.

  John

--

"...and the hordes of M$ users descended upon me in their anger, and asked
'Why do you not get the viruses or the BSOD's or insecure system