Hi list,

I had installed LM 8.1 last week and thought all was well. Today I went to
view some files on a floppy disk and Linux reports 'device unknown' .
Now how can this be? I thought the install procedure with LM 8.1 had
progressed so far as to make this just a forgone conclusion. A floppy drive
is one of the most basic hardware items in any machine. Oh well. Enough
bitchin' and whinin'!
How do I 'enable' my floppy drive in LM 8.1?

PS
I looked in 'Hardrake', no floppy listed.
What next?
Thanks in advance.
Mick