At 06:12 PM 12/7/2001 -0500, Jose M. Sanchez wrote:
>First:
>
>Are all three machines "members" of the same workgroup?

Yes, they are.

>Are you SURE that you've defined the Workgroup name in Samba the SAME as
>that used on your other Winblows boxes?

Yes, I have.

>Second:
>
>When you log into windows you are asked for a user name and password.
>
>This user name and password, gets passed to Samba whenever you connect
>to a share and browse the network.

Not on the Win95 machine. The Win95 machine prompts for a password.

>Thus a Linux/Unix account AND a corresponding Samba account must exist
>for each of these login name/password pairs.

In other words, both the Windows computers and the Linux box has to have
identical user/password combinations?

>I.E. you need to use smbadduser and smbpasswd to add the SAMBA users to
>Linux's SAMBA user/password lists.
>
>ALWAYS double check this using SMBCLIENT
>
>"smbclient -L LINUXBOX -U WINUSER "
>
>Asks the Samba "Linuxbox", to log in as "WINUSER" and present the
>shares.

LINUXBOX && WINUSER == the machine name?

>When you configured SAMBA, you should have also enabled the NMB
>component and enabled SAMBA to be the BROWSE MASTER for your network or
>domain.

Done.

>This is what presents the shares to the Winblows workstations. (the
>icons).
>
>If you havent increase the OS LEVEL in samba, the browse master will be
>decided by election amoung your computers (REALLY they vote!). When
>things change the browse list(s) dissappear for awhile until things get
>sorted out again.

The OS level was not changed.

>If your Linux box is up all the time, make it the BROWSE MASTER so that
>things will not keep shifting and disappearing.
>
>Did you also remember to define the DEVICES (aka IP ADDRESSES) using the
>INTERFACES = Line?

Yes.

>If not Samba will not broadcast it's information until something nudges
>it.
>
>-JMS

I made some progress. I am able to access the Win95 machine from the Linux box
but not vice-versa. I am unable to connect to the Win2K machine and
vice-versa.

Here's one error I get:

added interface ........ (addressing deleted)
added interface ........ (addressing deleted)
session request to N0SQ failed (Not listening for calling name)
session request to *SMBSERVER failed (Not listening for calling name)