shane wrote:

> i have been wondering, does the winex (or wine for that matter, never even
> read up on either) require a windows install or dual boot?  or just select
> files from windows, or niether.  i would love to play diablo and starcraft
> and TFC, but i am NOT putting a win partition on here, soooooo

I'm dual-booting right now, simply (and the ONLY reason) is because I can play
networking Starcraft with my 11 and 8 year old. They love it, and it keeps me
off the streets at night. <grin>

Once (and I LIVE for the day!) I can get Starcraft networking to work with
Winex, then I'll reinstall, and wipe Windog from my HD so fast Bill Gates head
will spin like Linda Blair in the Exorcist!

Anyways, I've had Starcraft working with Wine, under a -fake- windows
partition on my /home/darklord partitions so it works either way. I've heard
some say though, that certain Windows games won't work like this. Do yourself
a favor, goto:

http://www.transgaming.com

http://www.codeweavers.com

http://www.winehq.com

and check out all the FAQ files, info sections, etc, etc, and judge for
yourself...

See ya! ;-)

--

                                                                       /\