-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Tom Brinkman
Sent: Sunday, 9 December 2001 11:00 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] Upgrade File Location?

On Sunday 09 December 2001 09:25 am, Dennis Myers wrote:
> On Sunday 09 December 2001 09:31, you wrote:
> > Do you mean MandrakeFreq?
> >
> > Randy Kramer
> >
> > Dennis Myers wrote:
> > > Ok, I give up, where is the file that has the upgrades or updates
> > > from Mandrake Control Center. I've been to archives, I searched my
> > > files and I thought I had kept a bookmark on it but, guess not.
> > > Can someone feed me that info? I
>
> Hi, no I mean the folder in my computer that those updates download to
> and are held on disk. I could swear I had that written in my log but
> can't find it. It's something like /usr/upgrade.  Thanks

    Well, this is all from weak memory, but with older ML versions the
rpms were saved to a /.../..../grpmi/ folder. I don't remember the full
path, just that the directory was grpmi/.  Now with 8.1, I just looked
and I don't have this dir.  I also did a search for some rpms I know I
used Mandrake Update for, and they're not saved anywhere. So it appears
they were never saved, or saved to a location that is periodically
cleaned out. Either way, I have the upgrade rpms installed, but they're
not saved anywhere (eg,  util-linux-2.11h-3.1mdk which IIRC, was a
security fix, is installed, but the rpm is no where on my HDD's).

--
____Tom Brinkman _________________ South Texas, USA_____

Plastic...  Aluminum...  These are the inheritors of the Universe!
Flesh and Blood have had their day... and that day is past!
                -- Green Lantern Comics