I've also been looking at a few of the current crop of mobos that feature
RAID "support".

I'm *not* interested in them because they purport to support RAID--I've
heard civilme's warnings several times--but rather in the interest of
getting an extra IDE channel or two. Is this a reasonable expectation?

::mark