Hi all,

I am working on the work dial up box, and it needs to be disconnected before
I finish..

it has a dynamic IP address, and if I don't disconnect it, or it gets cut
off or redials, it will have a different IP address and I won't know what it
is..

so I made a file called logout, chmod it to 755 and in it I just put (apart
from the bin/bash stuff)
sleep 7200
killall wvdial

then I ran the file (ie: logoff & ), I want it to sleep for 2 hours and then
kill the connection..

I want it to do that if I am loged in or not..

if I get cutoff, or the box disconnects, will it still kill wvdial?

if not, how can I make sure the file gets executed regardless of wether I am
logged in or not.

and I mean that without using crontab (hense the sleep.)

I am logged in as root via ssh...

any suggestions would be great.

rgds

Frank