On Thu, 13 Dec 2001 08:35:40 -0600
"Roy Barton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hey any one here can tell me how to reconfigure X if it did not properly
> install on the initial install.  My friend has a computer with a Savage4
> video card, and the Xconfiguration installer automatically installs the
> card and it does not work.  The book that come with is kit says to
> install the Generic SVGA drivers, but the install does not allow it to
> work. Any ideas?
>

> PLEASE HELP I've reinstalled 8.1 6 times trying to get it to work.
>
> Thanks Roy

hi,

  XFree86 has not completely ported the drivers for the ProSavage chips. There is an
open-source patch that im using at home. if i remember it right the website is located
at www.probo.com/timr/ but head on to the MUO messageboard site and search for probo.
i think somebody already made a tip thread in the tips and trick section so you may
want to check it out too.

HTH

--

"Programming, an artform that fights back."

Anuerin G. Diaz
Design Engineer
25/F Equitable-PCI Tower
ADB Ave. cor. Poveda St.,