Stojs wrote:

> Is there anywhere I can find help on each package in mandrake 8.1?
>
> Here you advice people to use different packages that I know nothing
> about and sometimes even understand nothing of. Itīs a bit embarrasing
> to get a good answer to a question and immediately come back saying "I
> installed what you suggested, what is it and how do I configure it?".

Stojs,

Often times with .rpm packages there isn't supposed to be alot or any
configuration happening after the package is installed. At least not to
the immediate stuff like would be need to be done when compiling a
tarball. Early on the biggest problem I sometimes had with .rpm's was
trying to find out just where the script was putting the actual
executable.

What specifically are you refering to?

Mark