see www.vcdhelp.com
You need a video capture card. Normally all TV tune cards are having capture
facilities. You should capture in .avi format and convert them to .mpg format
using encoders and then convert them to VCD format. I have captured using my
Pixel view Play TVPro tvtuner card using streamer that came with xawtv.
However foe encoding I used tmpegenc in windows and used VCDimager to convert
and write to CDR. Though I have done this in windows it can be done in LINUX
with linux version.

On Tuesday 18 December 2001 05:29, Bryan Tyson wrote:
> I have quite a bit of analog video footage (i.e. standard VHS
> videocassettes) that I am interested in capturing and outputting into
> some kind of vcd format. From what I read, it is possible to put video
> onto a standard (non-DVD) CD-R in a format that can be played by most
> DVD players.
>
> If anyone has successfully done something like this in Linux, I would
> be grateful to hear of what hardware/software you used and what steps
> you followed.
>
> Thanks.

> Powered by SuSE Linux 7.2 Professional
> KDE 2.1.2     KMail 1.2
>
> Bryan S. Tyson
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

L.V.Gandhi
203, Soundaryalahari Apartments, Lawsons Bay colony, Visakhapatnam, 530017
MECON, 5th Floor, RTC Complex, Visakhapatnam AP 530020 INDIA
[EMAIL PROTECTED],  [EMAIL PROTECTED] linux user No.205042