In a message dated 12/17/01 11:45:00 AM Mountain Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> lets remember something here. it's the famous 80/15/5 % rule.
>
>   80% of computer problems are user
>
>   15% are software and...
>
>   5% are hardware problems.
>
>  I know that that isn't something you want to hear at the moment given
>  the fact that you're REALLY pissed and I don't blame you for the way you
>  feel. However, perspective is incredibly important at moments like this.
>  And it Ain't Mandrake's distro that is the problem nor the compiler that
>  comes with the distro.

i totally agree.  there is just one problem with this however.  what is that
you ask?  it's the 15% and 5%.  as a tech myself i always blame the user.
every time someone ask a question on this list, the people on the list blame
the user.  the problem with the issue being the user 80% of the time is that
20% of the time its something else.

i'd like everyone to try thinking about that.

i tried for the 7th time in install 8.1 on my second  computer.  i used the
same CDs which installed perfectly on my first computer the first time.  7th
attempt -- and still locked up halfway thru the install and i had to reboot.

thank god for 7.2

everyone repeat after me

20% of the time it's NOT the user