On Tue, 18 Dec 2001 00:20:32 -0600
"Roy Barton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> studiouisly spake these words to ponder:

> Thanx mark.. i tried it on my fathers machine and it worked.. i have him up and
>going now.. except the whole winmodem thing in his machine too.. i'm still working on
>that.. i crashed my machine a few mins ago.. and posted my problem if you could
>help.. thanks..
>
> roy

roy,

i wish i could but winmodems aren't my thing. i'm using a USRobotics data/fax
(hardware) modem "because" I absolutely hate those software modems. sure they're
cheaper, but the rely on vulnerable software to do the job that good old hard
could/should be doing. for me it was better to just spend a few extra sawe-bucks to
get the real-deal.

sorry i can't be of any more help.
--
daRcmaTTeR

Registered Linux User 182496
Mandrake 8.1
  8:05am  up 1 day, 23:46,  3 users,  load average: 0.45, 0.31, 0.29