On Wed, 19 Dec 2001 19:04:37 -0800, Erylon Hines <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > well, halaluiah! I took a little bit of everyones' advice and rooted around
> > or a while, but it wasn't until I started Kde again and waited for all the
> > stuff to pop up again. After I turned everything off I opened kpm and sure
> > enough there was a gmc process running that I promptly killed.
> >
> > After logging out and choosing to restore settings I logged back in to a
> > clean, kde-only desktop.
> >
> > thanks ya'll
>
> I use gmc a lot in xfce, and after the first time, I learned to make my gmc
> shortcut with the command:
>
>                     gmc --nodesktop
>
> That will put a stop to the Gnome-Icon silliness (take my word for it, if you
> leave out the      --nodesktop     portion of the command you'll have Gnome
> icons on the xfce desktop, too.
>
> e.

Better yet, use the command 'gmc --sm-disable --nodesktop'.

The --sm-disable disables session management for GMC, so that it will _truly_
close when you tell it to.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan

        "In short, Microsoft is no more able to build secure products
        than England's cricket team is able to withstand the bowling
        of Australia's bowlers."
          -- John Leyden, "MS firewall is holier than the Pope",
              The Register (http://www.theregister.co.uk), 2001-08-20.