From: Gonçalo Cordeiro
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2001 12:40 PM
Subject: [newbie] Diamond Supra 56e PRO

Hi everyone...

i've recently bought an external modem (Diamond Supra 56e PRO) to work on
linux, but towards my efforts, i cannot put it to work! i can "speak" to it,
by querying him, but i can't connect, i always get the NO DIALTONE message,
and if i disable the option to wait for this dialtone, i can't connect
anyway! I bellieve this is because of the voicemail, but i do not know what
commands to give to the modem so he can understand that! my initialization
string, is the default ( ATZ ). can anyone help me out?

thanks

Gonçalo Cordeiro
     Markdata