Ok. Here is the deal. I am working on computer for my friend. Here are the specs:
Athlon 1Ghz CUP
Via Motherboard
512 MB RAM
S3 Savage 4 video (on board)
ESS modem (winmodem)

I have installed Mandrake 8.1 so many times I can count them all.  His pc kit
(including cpu, mb, case) came with Red Hat 7.1, so we tried that. Guess what?! The
second CD is BLANK! No go on that one. So some one told me about the 'setuptool'
command. I installed MDK 8.1 again and used the 'setuptool' option.  No go on that
one.  The Red Hat booklet stressed the fact to use the generic SVGA drivers.  So I
used the generic drivers under 8.1.  No go. Just a flashing screen on boot.  I have to
get it working. Any ideas????

Thanks

Roy