On Thu, 20 Dec 2001 18:14:08 -0500, Tom Brinkman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:> On Thursday 20 December 2001 02:21 am, Sridhar Dhanapalan wrote:
> > On Thu, 20 Dec 2001 17:40:26 +1100, Navin
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > Just wondering if Mandrake is planning to compile their rpms the
> > > 'prelinked' way in the future. Is it planned for the next version
> > > or in the near future?
>
> > the KDE RPMs in Cooker are objprelinked. You can install them onto
> > Mandrake 8.1 (with a little tweaking afterwards) or you can wait
> > for the next Mandrake release.
>
>    Are you sure Sridhar?  From lurking on the cooker list, at first
> the KDE 2.2.2 rpms were objprelinked, but then the developers
> complained this introduced 'bugs', and they decided to go without
> objprelinked.  I dunno, I'm using Texstar's objprelinked KDE2.2.2
>
>    I've been disconnected for a few day while moving down to Corpus,
> but I haven't read anything in my backlog of cooker ML that even
> mentions prelinking. Only discussion of whether 8.2 will sport KDE 3
>
> --
>       Tom Brinkman             Corpus Christi, Texas, USA

You're right -- my info was somewhat outdated. In the changelog of kdebase for
Wed Nov 07 2001 it says "Remove objprelink (khtml crashs all the time with
objprelink)".

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan

                Mac OS, Windows, BeOS: they're all just Xerox copies.