-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Miark
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2001 4:19 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] PNP Bios - Off or On?

> As part of the preparations for the LM 8.1 installation,
> I have copied my current /home/me to a separate partition
> (/archives) that is ext2fs. Am I correct that if I do an expert
> install, the / and /archives partitions can be ext2fs, and the
> balance can be one of the journalled formats?

Yes, but if you make / ext2, then there isn't much left
to make journaled! If /archives is a totally separate partition, then on
install I would make everything except /archives journalled. (Then once
you've moved your stuff
back to /home/me, change the fs on /archives to something journalled,
too ;-)