Jut plug it in and run DiskDrak (you'll find this as Mount points under
Hardware in Control Centre).  You should see the new disk - probably as HDB
and DiskDrak will see all the existing partitions.  You can then repartition,
or resize or whatever.  (Backup any data first).

Based on your requirements below, you wil probably want to just make one or
two big partitions and mount them with public access.  This is just a matter
of setting the permissions accordingly.  Most of this can be accomplished in
the same DiskDrak panel - at least getting it partitioned and mounted.

Be aware that if you are thinking of using Reiserfs, there are apparently
some issues with using that with NFS, so if this is to be your means of
making the partitions available, maybe choose something else.

Civilme had this to say about that on the expert list the other day:

It could be kernel dependent.  Reiser claims they have solved this problem.
XFS works great over NFS and tests out about as fast as Reiser on our distro,
and also will work much better if you have Samba servers involved anywhere in
your system.

I would take his advice!

/Brian