On Mon, 2001-12-24 at 04:35, Doug Lerner wrote:
> The spec sheet for the HP Pavilion 2000 says the video is an "integrated
> graphic controller", so I guess that is something on board.
>
> When does the "initializing ram disk" process take place?
>
> Unfortunately a different CD reader is not an option. I don't think it
> will boot, for example, from an external USB CD-RW.
>
> doug

OK

I have seen something like this before with the eboxit.  ZTry this:

F1 at splash screen

linux mem=53M

at the input prompt, or if you have 128M of memory then

linux mem=117M

It appears that this has shared video memory and ther BIOS may be handing the linux
kernel a bad memory map so that the screen writing is overwriting the kernel stack.

Civileme