> >     Is this <fubar> repairable without major surgery?  I really am tired of
> > reinstalling, and it seems stable, just primitive (2d) graphics.  I would
> > almost deal with it rather than reinstall (again).
>
> In your XF86Config-4 did you remember to create the entry
> Load  "glx"  in the moudule section as well as removing load "dri' and
> "glcore" if they exist.
>

>    Charles

        Well, I forgot to add that line, so I went back and did so.  Now it doesn't
even display the splash screen and it is still a delay with the program title
on the bar on the bottom of the screen with the busy cursor on it and then
after a while it is as if I never tried to load the app.

--
        Wes Gregg
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]