A lot of people are having that problem as Texstar remarks here
http://66.69.180.165:8080/article.php?sid=1055&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0
It seems to be related to the servers rather than your computer so updating
to 8.1 would not help.

To remove your current non functioning mirror use urpmi.removemedia

If it is any consolation my own updates are working perfectly. I am using the
sunite.se server.  Maybe it would work for you too?

HTH

derek