On Sunday 06 January 2002 15:47, Todd Slater wrote:
> When I try to run ImageMagick, I see the hourglass working in the task
> bar, but the program never comes up.

Run it in a terminal window instead and you will see what the error message
is.
The command is 'ImageMagick'

 When trying to run Tuxracer, my
> monitor flickers and when the display reappears, half the display is
> off-screen and it freezes. Any idea how to troubleshoot?

Have you installed the OpenGL drivers? If you are using an Nvidia card you
must download them from the Nvidia site and/or the www.mandrakeuser.org  site
if you are using the upgraded kernel.
If you have installed them do you see the Nvidia splash screen when you start
X? and do you get a page of text when you type glxinfo in a terminal window?
If the answer to either of these questions is no, then you have installed the
drivers incorrectly.

HTH
derek