"Maureen L. Thomas" wrote:

> Thanks for the tips.  Civil me was right.  I had to mknod and then it
> was recognized.  I had pointed it to hdd4, but it just wouldn't work.
> Had a little trouple with the modem by got that straighten out too.  I
> did use the dmesg > dmesg.txt.  That confirmed my zip as hdd.  Thanks
> again.

Glad you got it working. Civileme is almost always right. I've rarely if ever
seen him be wrong about something. <smile>

Still, I'm curious about the whole issue because I've never had to do a mknod
from 7.0 thru 8.1, even when my Zip drive would not work and thats installing
it on a pre-existing setup under my orginal 7.0 installation. I know things
have changed with the addition of devfs, and I'm going to have to read up on
that... ;-)

See ya!

--

                                                                       /\