Cool!
I've just started the basic linux course too!
This site has lots of good links.
http://www.worldwidelearn.com/linux.htm
As for certification I think that there are only two that I would consider
worthwhile. Explore the sites. I haven't made up my mind yet.
SAIR Linux which is distro independant
http://www.linuxcertification.com/
LPI which looks like it has heavyweight backers.
http://www.lpi.org/
Also consider http://www.linuxdoc.org
and for inspiration try:
http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/hacker-howto.htmlhowto.html