On Tuesday 08 January 2002 21:46, you wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 January 2002 04:37 pm, Carter Lyle wrote:
> > Ive been trying to get Konqueror to enable java, but it cant find the
> > path & needs to be entered manually. Where should I look for Java?
> > Thanks
> > Carter
>
> Go into Konqueror settings -> configure konqueror -> Konqueror Browser ->
> Java check Enable Java globally
> Then near the bottom set the path (mine is /usr/local/j2re1.3/bin/java)
>
> Gerald
In the past when java seemed to be problematic for konqueror and netscape, I
copied my j2re1.3 file to my /home/dennis/jre1.3.1  directory and then
pointed Konqueror at the file:  /home/dennis/jre1.3.1/bin/java
This  allows me to save it with the rest of my /home/dennis files if I do an
update or upgrade or reinstall. I don't have to go looking for it.  Just a
hopefully helpful hint, somebody tell me if this is not a smart thing to do,
or if it is brilliant you can tell me that also. :  )

--
Dennis M. registered linux user # 180842