Originally to: All

This is a MIME-formatted message.  If you see this text it means that your
E-mail software does not support MIME-formatted messages.

--=_tcob1.net-7275-1008635627-0001-2

>--- Mick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > A dual boot system. I was trying repair an earlier
> > problem, and of course made it even worse. Now Lilo
> > will not boot up. It gets to LI and just sits there
> > blinking. How do I re-install Lilo so as to access
> > the system again. I have tried booting into the boot
> > cd and typing 'rescue', I can then get to a prompt.
> > After looking at an article about basic Unix
> > commands I used 'ls' to see my directories. Whoopee,
> > I can see then 'til I'm blue in the face. I swear I
> > am going to take a course in basic Linux commands
> > after I get through this!
<snip>

I'd recommend purchasing Linux In a Nutshell from O'Reilly books. It has
every Linux command and an explanation of how to use them. It also shows
all the arguments you can add to each command to get more out of them. Plus
it also goes into detail on how to use the Shells; the more complex editors
like vi, Emacs, and ex; and also explain some of the commands to compile
programs. I have an earlier edition of this book, but I think the latest
version covers RPM and others. It's one of the most handy books to have on
your desk. I recommend getting it and going into the Shell and learning how
to get around in there. It's worth learning and most of the commands make
logical sense so you can retain the knowledge. I'm sure others on this list
would agree about getting this book.

Ivan.

--=_tcob1.net-7275-1008635627-0001-2

<-> Gateway Information.
This message originated from a Fidonet System (http://www.fidonet.org)
and was gated at TCOB1 (http://www.tcob1.net)
Please do not respond direct to this message but via the list