> I have quite a bit of analog video footage (i.e. standard VHS
> videocassettes) that I am interested in capturing and outputting into
> some kind of vcd format. From what I read, it is possible to put video
> onto a standard (non-DVD) CD-R in a format that can be played by most
> DVD players.
>
> If anyone has successfully done something like this in Linux, I would
> be grateful to hear of what hardware/software you used and what steps
> you followed.
>
> Thanks.
 if you have the power pack, or prosuite, you shou;ld have a video editing
package called "broadcast2000" or "bcast2000" install and edit your videos
with it, "render" the video as mpg1, and save. use gcombust to save and burn
as *.vcd and stick the cd into your dvd to see the movies. I am sure there
are better ways to save as .vcd, and some where some one must know more about
the meni system used in dvd players than I do