You might find winex is better than standard wine. They have put work
recently into handling of CD's for games. Winex is a 'fork' of wine devoted
to making games work. Eventually the work will be folded back into wine, but
first the developers want to recover their costs by selling subscriptions.

Go over to www.transgaming.com
You will find there a catalogue of games, and how well they work under winex.

If you want an RPM of winex you will have to subscribe for at least 3 months
subscription at $5 a month, or else you can get the CVS source for free if
you follow their links.

HTH

derek