On Sunday 13 January 2002 12:31, you wrote:
> At 10:31 PM 1/12/02 -0500, Andre Dubuc wrote:
> >I hope I can help: I have an Epson 1240U, and had similar problems with LM
> >8.0 (I haven't upgraded yet.)
> >
> >First place to check: cat /proc/bus/usb/devices
> >For my machine the vendor # is 0x04b8 and the Product # is 0x010b (it'll
> > be different for your 1650U)
> >
> >once you've found the Product # you can modprobe:
> >
> >modprobe scanner vendor=0x04b8 product=0x0---
> >
> >create the device file in /dev:
> >
> >mknod /dev/usbscanner0 c 180 48
> >chmod 666 /dev/usbscanner0
> >
> >then edit your /etc/sane.d or /usr/local/etc/sane.d:
> >
> >usb /dev/usbscanner0
> >

> >Hope this helps: it got my scanner up and running in LM 8.0. I can't vouch
> >what will happen in LM 8.1 because I've never seen the file system.
>
> Thanks, Andre.  That was what I needed.  I am now up and scanning.  Thanks
> again.
>
> andy

Hi Andy,

I'm glad it worked. Now that you have it working, what was the product # for
the Epson 1650U? I'd like to add it to my info sheets. Btw, congrats!

Regards,
Andre

Please pray the Holy Rosary to end the holocaust of abortion.
Remember, in your prayers, the suffering souls in Purgatory.

May God bless you abundantly with His love!

For a free Cenacle Scriptural Rosary Booklet -- http://www.webhart.net/csrb/