It sounds like your sound card and printer are both using irq 7.  I had this
problem with a soundblaster 16 and solved it by adding the following to my
/etc/modules.conf file

  options sb io=0x220 irq=9 mpu_io=0x300 dma=0 dma16=5
  alias sound-slot-0 sb

Of course, you will need to check /proc/interrupts to make sure irq 9 is
free.  I believe soundblaster can also use irq 5, but my usb was using it.

Joe