On Thursday 17 January 2002 03:23, you wrote:
> I tried hitting the escape key when the lilo screen came up, and entering
> linux mem=247M but that did not work.

You mean it did not boot, or it did not fix your problem?

> Are you talking about the blue
> screen that comes up while Mandrake is loading?

Well they are both Blue :-)
When the Lilo screen invites you to select the image to boot, hit Escape
You will then get a text prompt.
You may then enter the name of the image you wish to boot, followed by any
parameters. The default image name is 'linux', but if yours is called
anything different then enter

image_name mem=247M

> I have managed to save the ddebug.log install.log and report.bug files and
> am wondering if there is somewhere/someone to contact in order to find out
> any pertinent info in any of those logs in order to debug my install?

How are you seeing these files if you only get a blank screen? Are you
logging in on COM1 or something?

> I am getting the feeling after reading around on the web that the Radeon
> 32mb SDR (PCI) video card is not fully supported in a IBM (clone) system
> running Linux, and that it is only supported in Alpha systems.
>
> Anybody have this card and know of possible solutions?

I am still guessing wildly here, but if your onboard video cannot be
disabled, then there is probably an entry for that device in your
/etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file, and Mandrake may be directing output to that
device instead of your Radeon.

Have you tried attaching a monitor to the onboard video socket?

Does anything happen when you do Ctl+Alt+F1 through to F10 ?

If you can get terminal access have you tried running XFdrake to reconfigure
your video settings? (Choose conservative values. They can always be changed
later)

derek