On Saturday 19 January 2002 12:05, you wrote:
> On Saturday 19 January 2002 12:26 pm, Todd Slater wrote:
> > I thought I had everything working, until I recently tried to mount
> > floppy, zip, and cd from the KDE desktop. Each time I try to mount I hear
> > the drives spinning, desktop icons appear to be mounted, but trying to
> > read I get error: /mnt/floppy or /mnt/zip or /mnt/cdrom does not exist.
> > For zip it's especially fond of giving the error about no filesystem
> > specified.
> >
> > This is bizarre in that I can successfully mount and umount, list and
> > move and copy files to/from the media as su/root in a terminal.
>
> In most distros, you have to be root to mount a file system.
> Mandrake???
Mandrake allows users to mount or umount a system if they are allowed in the
permissions.  Userdrake can be edited by su or root to add "floppy", "CDROM"
etc to the users permissions.  If those aren't shown in userdrake then it's
not possible for the user.  repeated myself there.  Anyway take a look and
add your user to the permissions if they are not there. HTH
--
Dennis M. registered linux user # 180842