Hi folks. I'm presently using Mandrake 8.0.
When in console mode it spits out something like "clock timer configuration lost-
probably a VIA/686 motherboard" every couple of minutes. It will show on top of my
code, my man pages, my pine screen, my whatever.

My motherboard does NOT have a VIA chipset. It's an asus a7a266 with an AliMagik
chipset!

What do i do now? Aside from waiting for 8.2 (when is that coming out anyway?)
Is it a kernel thing? Should I download the latest 2.4.x kernel? 2.4.3 sounds really
early in the kernel tree.
Apparently now that 2.5.x already started the 2.4.x are really stable. But I dont
really know how to go about installing a new kernel :)
And since its a 30M download, well, if that isnt what fixes it, it would have been a
big waste of time.
So I was hoping you guys could help out.

I once had 8.1 installed and it did the same thing, but the CDs were borrowed and I
didnt make a copy of them. I deleted my Linux partition to try out Red Hat 7.2 which
didnt spit out any messages, but somehow hated my Kyro2 gfx card and couldnt get into
X even with the VGA drivers selected. So now I have a fresh mdk8.0 install and well
its just so annoying in console mode :)

Pc spex:
AMD 1333 with 266 FSB
256M DDR
asus a7a266 mobo
40 gig Seagate HD, 8 gig linux partition
Hercules 3d prophet 4500 (Kyro2 chipset)
SB Live
etc.