Thanks Steve, heh, eh sorta guessed that :)  1st mail was an attention
grabber :)

right here goes..

I got the binaries sitting in my user home dir.  I have chmoded the
script to make it exec, when trying to run the thing it starts the
install & gets as far as the directory selection & tells me I dont have
enough permissions to write to the directories. So loged out & logged in
as root, I the install worked, but dont know how to get game to run.
That said, I ma not too happy about playing the game as root. So I am
guessing that I need to give my user rights to the nescessary
directories, but I am also guessing that users are not given wrie rights
to the bin directory for a reason. so am a tad confused as to which
route to go.

Derek