On Tue, 08 Jan 2002 00:08:58 +0100
Guy Zelck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> studiouisly spake these words to ponder:

> Hi all,
>
> I've got a Md8.1 setup with postfix (I used sendmail before) and
> discovered I never had mail as root.
> On doing some research I found the file /var/spool/mail/nobody
> containing all my root mail from the beginning (cron job results).
> I searched for a .forward file without luck. I moved the file nobody
> elsewhere and re-tested mail to root. The file nobody was re-created.
> How can I rectify this situation and make root's mail land in a file
> called root like it ought to?
> Strange also that root's mail went to nobody before I even started
> postfix! Also, I always read postfix is so easy to configure; is there a
> gui that comes with it?
>
> See ya,
>
> Guy.

Guy,

in your /etc/postfix/aliases file you want to set an alias for "root" users'
mail to go to your username so you're able to get root's mail. --
daRcmaTTeR

  windows   = "where do you want to go today"
  Mac       = "go where you want, do what you want today"
  MDK-linux = " been there, done that, got the tee shirt, why do you ask?"

Registered Mandrake Linux User # 186492